Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Here are a few encouraging words that have come through so far...
"Have the mind that was in Jesus Christ!"
Be bold. Be strong. For the Lord your God is with you. I am not afraid. I am not dismayed. Oh no. For I’m walking in faith and victory. Come on and walk in faith and victory, for the Lord your God is with you.”

At the beginning of next month, which is next week, we are anticipating by faith to enter a period of prayer and fasting. It is a time for seeking God with humility, a time of serious retrospection, an overhaul of one's own disposition before God. It is written "by faith we can please him". So Let us concentrate at this coming period of nine days with great expectation, because we are in no position to manipulate God, but rather to be in a position fit for the Lord's people. Allow yourself time to be alone with God for at least 15 minutes and allow yourself to shut down thought processes in your mind so that we let God's words speak to us. For families, it would be wonderful if you can do this together in the morning or in the evening, wherever possible. 

Here is our first meditative scripture to repeat to ourselves throughout the day:
Wednesday August 1st 2012
Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." He took along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to feel sorrow and distress. Then he said to them, "My soul is sorrowful even to death. Remain here and keep watch with me." He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will." When he returned to his disciples he found them asleep. He said to Peter, "So you could not keep watch with me for one hour? Watch and pray that you may not undergo the test. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:36-41

No comments: