Friday, August 16, 2013

My journey into the Order of Preachers (Dominicans)

A few weeks ago, I became a novice into the Order of Preachers! This journey will take two years before I can be allowed to take my vows into the Order. As I reflect about this significant spiritual event, I am reminded on the charge to follow Jesus Christ in our daily life! How has your journey been? do you have an accountability partner who will love you no matter what? A person who will not be shy to challenge you when necessary? If we are not honest with ourselves, how can we expect to be honest before God? God knows already how messy are our lives, however, His intention is not to keep things that way! His intention is to build us so that we can live whole lives! richer lives in terms of God's spiritual grace! To enable us to do what He has called us to do. I believe every person has a mission to accomplish while here on earth! What is yours? A fellow Dominican preached a few weeks ago and her final phrase was: "...I know I am called to teach dance!" and truly this is what she does! she teaches ballet dance, with her incredible formation of character that she infuse on young people who attend her classes over the past few decades. Her words invited the pressing question what is your calling? your mission? Are you making a difference in the world we live in? I wish I can convince you to help by praying for our brothers and sisters in Egypt! If there are martyrs somewhere in this planet, Egypt's blood of the saints is crying out to God! "Forgive them Father, for they not know what they do"

No comments: